Asparagus is one of the healthiest foods to eat. Now enjoy it with one of your favorite things to eat… Bacon! This recipe will make you want to eat asparagus every day! Enjoy!
- 1 Pound Asparagus
- 5 Slices of Bacon
- 1 Tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 Small Red Onion sliced
- 1 Teaspoon Thyme
- ½ Teaspoon minced Garlic
- ¼ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon ground Black Pepper
- Preheat grill to 375 to 400 degrees
- Cook bacon in a frying pan until crisp
- Place cooked bacon on paper towels and keep grease in frying pan
- Add the thyme and garlic to the frying pan and bring to a sizzle for about 10-15 seconds
- Add the vinegar, salt, and pepper to the frying pan and remove from heat
- From the end of the asparagus, bend it gently until it snaps at its natural point of tenderness
- Place the asparagus in a large bowl or platter then pour the vinaigrette over the asparagus
- Turn the asparagus to coat evenly
- Crumble the bacon
- Grill the asparagus on medium direct heat with the lid closed for about 7 minutes turning every 2 minutes
- Place the asparagus on a serving platter
- Sprinkle the bacon over the asparagus
- Place the onions on top
- Serve warm or at room temperature and enjoy.
Looking to know more about what is happening in your community? Your Official Town Guru is your solution. From local events, reviews, recipes, homeowner tips, and more, Your Town Gurus has you covered. The Official Real Estate Town Guru for your town has been selected because they know your town better than anyone else. Looking to buy or sell? Choose your Official Town Guru by going to TownGurusRealty.com and finding your town or call 877-203-9588. No one knows everything happening in your town like the Town Guru!