Bring the taste of New Orleans to your table with this fantastic cajun scallops recipe. Shrimp can also be mixed into this recipe.
- 2 Pounds Scallops
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted Butter
- Juice of Half of a fresh Lemon
- 2 Teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 Teaspoons Thyme
- 2 Teaspoons Paprika
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon ground Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon turmeric
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan
- Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft stirring frequently
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice, thyme, paprika, salt, cayenne pepper, and turmeric
- Combine ingredients and allow to return to room temperature
- Place scallops in gallon freezer bag
- Pour marinade in freezer bag, remove all air and seal
- Shake bag to coat all scallops evenly
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour
- Return to large frying pan and heat at medium high heat slipping frequently
- Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes until scallops are cooked but not overcooked.
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking to know more about what is happening in your community? Your Official Town Guru is your solution. From local events, reviews, recipes, homeowner tips, and more, Your Town Gurus has you covered. The Official Real Estate Town Guru for your town has been selected because they know your town better than anyone else. Looking to buy or sell? Choose your Official Town Guru by going to TownGurusRealty.com and finding your town or call 877-203-9588. No one knows everything happening in your town like the Town Guru!